Thursday, September 30, 2010

Add some curb appeal



Curb appeal makes your house pop, and could make it the most noticeable house on the block.  Along with making  your house look good, it could potentially inspire your neighbors.  There is nothing better than driving by a house that has awesome curb appeal.

Use some of these simple tips from Family Handyman to spruce up your pad.  You can get more ideas just by driving by other houses.  I love checking out houses in our area, and have several ideas that I stole from other people.  For example:  Our house in Texas was in a nice older neighborhood, but at night the street was really dark.  I use to drive by houses in nice neighborhoods at night (without being creepy) to see how I could highlight my house.  I noticed that they were all lit up at night.  So, I installed can lights in the eves and sconces on either side of my garage door.  The project took me one day to complete, and at night my house was the brightest on the block.  I had 3 or 4 neighbors ask me the next day how I did it.  It helps out that I have some electrician experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment